Monday 3 November 2008

Well hello. Today I have on my organised hat, and I've been quite organised. I've taken a photo of what I'm wearing, including all the jewellery. All of which is either thrifed, found or a one off.
So here we go.
My dress is a beautiful little number from those wonderful Berkeley thrift stores. They were amazing, not only was everything incredibly cheap, and cheaper still with the exchange rate at the time, but often they had days when everything was half price. This dress was purchased on one of those days, making it a shocking £2 or something equally as ridiculous. It's a little big, but that's where the belt comes in (although this belt wasn't in any way thrifted - it's from Primark! - it's one of my favourite possessions, it just makes everything ok).




The necklace was bought for me by a friend in London, it's a hand made one off piece. On the front are little foxes. I love it so much, especially that coppery colour, nothing beats it.



And finally, the brooch I'm wearing (which isn't in the first picture) I found on the train going to see my parents. I held it out in my hand for the whole journey, in case someone came by and claimed it back. But no one did, so it was mine. I love cameo, there's just something so dignified and classic about it.


So that's today so far. The rest of today will be reading Lynne Tillman, and not thinking about Beckett - we have a reading week so I'm going to get stuck into the trilogy ready for next week, but with a bit of a break.
No pictures from halloween sadly yet, Alice in Wonderland was, however, a success.
Lynne Tillman, here I come.

No comments: